The St. James Academy Middle School Merit Scholarship recognizes fifth grade students who show academic achievement, demonstrate a positive attitude, and contribute to their community. Middle School students are provided opportunities to take appropriate risks in a small safe place that build confidence during a potentially challenging time in their growth and development. Motivated and engaged, our students benefit from enriching activities that enhance their middle school experience and prepare them for high school and beyond. With this scholarship, we seek to enroll exceptional candidates of strong character who aspire to maximize their potential.
Eligibility and Application Process
- New applicant to St. James Academy and independent schools
- Evidence of stellar academic record and potential as determined by the selection committee
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and contributes to his or her community
- To remain eligible for this three-year scholarship, the recipient must maintain a 3.0 GPA and participate in a meaningful way in at least one extra-curricular activity per year. Candidates should demonstrate academic prowess, intellectual promise, strong character, and an innate curiosity.
Scholarship Admission Process
- Create online admission account and submit application
- Submit scholarship essay to the Admission Office (If submitted via email, please use the subject line “Merit Scholarship Application” – email@example.com)
- Merit Scholarship essay question: St. James Academy students pursue knowledge, build community, and serve others. In essay form, describe a time when you demonstrated a personal commitment in one of these areas.
- Schedule a shadow day and admission testing (Please note: the admission application and scholarship essay should be submitted prior to the applicant visit).
- Submit the Transcript & Recommendation Release Form and the Common Referral Forms to your child’s current school. Common Referral Forms are requested from your child’s English and math teachers. Please have the school send these materials to the admission office.
- Please request a letter of recommendation from a non family member to be sent directly to the admission office.
Applying for and/or receiving this scholarship award does not preclude a student from other aid opportunities at St. James Academy. The scholarship application deadline is January 15, 2021.
Please contact Katie Wareheim, Director of Admission & Enrollment Management with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org