The St. James Academy Middle School Merit Scholarship recognizes fifth grade students who show academic achievement, demonstrate a positive attitude, and contribute to their community. Middle School students are provided opportunities to take appropriate risks in a small safe place that build confidence during a potentially challenging time in their growth and development. Motivated and engaged, our students benefit from enriching activities that enhance their middle school experience and prepare them for high school and beyond. With this scholarship, we seek to enroll exceptional candidates of strong character who aspire to maximize their potential.
Eligibility and Application Process
- New applicant to St. James Academy and independent schools
- Evidence of stellar academic record and potential as determined by the selection committee
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and contributes to his or her community
- To remain eligible for this three-year scholarship, the recipient must maintain a 3.0 GPA and participate in a meaningful way in at least one extra-curricular activity per year. Candidates should demonstrate academic prowess, intellectual promise, strong character, and an innate curiosity.
Scholarship Admission Process
Along with the Middle School admission process, please complete the following steps to apply for a scholarship.
- Scholarship essay (should be submitted to the admission office via email – firstname.lastname@example.org), using the prompt, “St. James Academy students pursue knowledge, build community, and serve others. In essay form, describe a time when you demonstrated a personal commitment in one of these areas.” The essay may be handwritten or typed.
- Scholarship interview **Please note, the essay must be submitted prior to the interview.
- Letter of recommendation from a non-family member to be sent directly to the admission office (email@example.com).
Applying for and/or receiving this scholarship award does not preclude a student from other aid opportunities at St. James Academy. The scholarship application deadline is January 15, 2022.
Please contact Katie Wareheim, Director of Admission & Enrollment Management with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org