August 10, 2018
Dear St. James Academy Families:
I hope you are enjoying these last few weeks of summer. We are eagerly preparing for the new school year, and I cannot wait to get to know your children. I recently invited students to share their St. James Academy experiences and loved reading about their favorite classes and places on campus.
We are excited to offer our PreKindergarten program this year and have had a great response from interested families. We continually work to meet the needs of our students, and our curriculum is structured so that each year builds upon the one before it. For the 2018-19 school year, the PreK classes begin the new entry point to our early childhood journey and will continue through to Kindergarten and First Grade.
As September approaches, we want to assist with your start-of-school planning. Included in the mailing are the following forms: Health Suite Medication Consent Form, Annual Student Medical Forms 2018, and Annual Student Medical Forms 2018 (review for accuracy, update, and sign). Please return your signed forms to the School Office by Tuesday, September 4th. Below is helpful information.
- Lunch Program: Online ordering will be available August 22nd through September 5th. See our website for complete details and ordering instructions.
- After School Activities
- Volunteer Opportunities: Later this month, look for the 2018-2019 Patrons’ Events. Sign up for volunteer opportunities using Sign Up Genius on the Summer Mailer. We encourage parents to volunteer for at least two Patrons’ events throughout the year. Our first event is the Foxhound Fall Festival on September 21st. Volunteers make our events possible. Sign-ups for grade-specific classroom events will begin after the start of the school year. Many thanks to our volunteers for their continued support and participation to keep our community strong each year.
- Class Assignments: Your child’s class assignment is in the top section of the enclosed emergency form. A personal letter from your child’s assigned homeroom teacher/advisor will arrive by mail shortly.
- Student Handbook & Family Directory: Handbooks and directories will be sent home with your child within the first two weeks of school. The school will continue to communicate regularly by email. Should your contact information change during the school year, please notify the school office with your new information or any changes to your address, phone number, or email by August 13th.
- School Store: For your summer purchasing needs, the uniform list and policy is included in this mailing, and the School Store will be open on Thursday, August 30th, from 1:00 PM – 4:30 PM. during our Sixth Grade Orientation or Take a Peek at Your Seat from 2:00 PM-3:30 PM.
- Save the date to Meet Ms. Riggs! August 30th, 1:30- 2:30 PM, School Library
We look forward to continuing our legacy of pursuing knowledge, building community and serving others in 2018-2019. Enjoy these last few weeks of summer before the start of another wonderful school year.
Charlotte S. Riggs
Head of School