FIRST LEGO League (FLL) is a program of exploration for students age 9 to 14, which is designed to get them excited about science, technology, and engineering. FLL provides teams around the world with an annual Challenge. The Challenge is based on a set of real-world problems facing scientists and engineers today. The Challenge has three parts: the Robot Game and the Project. In the Robot Game, teams design, build, program, and test autonomous robots using LEGO MINDSTORMS or EV3 technology. In the Project, teams research a real-world problem in the field of this season’s Challenge theme. Then the team creates an innovative solution to that problem. Teams work as a group to overcome obstacles and meet challenges. They then compete in local and possibly regional tournaments with other FLL teams.
- There are only 10 spots on the team and they will be filled on a first come first serve basis. If there are more students we will consider two teams.
- Team sessions will be held in the Challenge Lab from 4:15-5:45pm.
- The fee for participating on this team is $225.00 and includes the team registration fee and supply costs.
Schedule may change due to inclement weather or if additional practice is needed.
- Wednesday, Sept 26
- Wednesday, Oct 3
- Wednesday, Oct 10
- Wednesday, Oct 17
- Wednesday, Oct 24
- Thursday, Nov 1 (No Meeting on Halloween)
- Wednesday, Nov 7
- Wednesday, Nov 14
- (No Meeting Nov 21) – Thanksgiving Break
- Wednesday, Nov 28
- Wednesday, Dec 5
- Wednesday, Dec 12
• Everyday after school two weeks before the competition
• Saturday Competition – TBD – Usually early January