- Enter approved bills into QuickBooks Online (QBO)
- Performing check runs; coordinating necessary signatures
- Manage Amazon Business Prime account, and reconcile Amazon transactions in QBO
- Generate Purchase Orders by request
- Collect W-9’s for new vendors, upload to QBO
- Prepare and file 1099’s electronically
- Scan and attach all supporting documents into QBO for Bills
- Collect timeclock reports, substitute hours, aftercare hours for data entry into Checkwriters Payroll software
- Process payroll semimonthly
- Coordinate with HR Associate as needed regarding new hires and tax forms
- Prepare Accounts Receivable invoices for Facility Rentals
- Monitor delinquent non-student accounts
- Collect and post cash receipts, enter deposits into QBO
- Scan and attach all supporting documents into QBO for Deposits
- Prepare and upload Positive Pay file to bank
- Monitor account for ACH exceptions.
- Process remote deposits with scanner (occasionally in-person deposits)
General Ledger Accounting
- Month-end close procedures
- Enter recurring and standalone journal entries
- Reconcile multiple bank and credit card accounts in QBO
- Balance sheet reconciliations including prepaid amortization and investments
- Expense Accruals
- Reconciling Giving system subledger to Giving GL accounts
- Audit responsibilities
- Quarterly Sales and Use tax filing for School Store
- Assist staff and field questions regarding payroll, AP, AR, and budget usage.
- Performing School related duties i.e. Recess or Carpool
- Collect mail for the Business Office
- Must have QuickBooks Online experience
- 3 yrs. direct experience in Accounting role is preferred
- Strong Excel skills preferred i.e. pivot tables, Vlookup, IF functions, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- Non-Profit accounting experience preferred
Full-time hybrid role:
- Hours are 8am – 4:15pm, OR 8:30am – 4:45pm.
- In person at St. James Academy Tuesday through Friday
- Remote work on Mondays
- Laptop is provided
St. James Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its hiring, education and admissions, financial aid programs, and athletic or other school-administered programs.