Reports to: Lower School Head
Excellent benefits, Work-Life balance, Warm and Friendly Community with both Full-Time or Part-Time Opportunities Available.
We are a private school located in Monkton, MD, looking for a professional to join our team who will be responsible for maintaining high standards of cleanliness as well as assisting with the set up and break down of events throughout the school.
Possible Work Schedules Available
Monday through Friday with a Full-Time or Part-Time option:
- Full-Time Hours: 11:00 am – 7:00 pm or 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Part-Time Hours: 11:00 am – 4:00 pm or 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Clean and sanitize all areas of the facility to include: Classrooms/Group Rooms/Music Rooms/Staff Room/Meeting Rooms/Library Areas/Restrooms/Hallways/Stairways/Kitchen, etc.
- Vacuum carpets and remove fresh stains.
- Mop floors.
- Dust furniture, desks and shelves.
- Wash blackboards/dry erase boards.
- Keep janitorial storage areas clean and neat.
- Assist in trash removal/disposal.
- Assist with events set up and break down.
- Report any necessary repairs or replacements.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- Proven experience as a cleaner or housekeeper – minimum 1 year experience.
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance.
- Customer-oriented and friendly.
- Prioritization and time management skills.
- Working quickly without compromising quality.
- Knowledge of English language – verbal and written.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Must have reliable transportation.
St. James Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its hiring, educational and admissions, financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.