Reports to: After School Site Director, Coordinator
We are a small Independent PreK-8 Epsicopal School north of Baltimore looking to hire dynamic and nurturing educators for our AfterCare program. Prior teaching and child care experience preferred.
The After Care Assistant is responsible for helping out with activities and games for children in the program. The After Care Assistant Assistant must provide the children with a leadership role and be a positive role model for them.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide children with leadership during the program.
- Provide a warm, fun and caring atmosphere for children.
- Maintain open communication between staff and school personnel.
- Prepare activities that are appropriate for the age of the children.
- Communicate with the parents through daily pick-up.
- Maintain a safe environment for participants.
- Report any problems which arise with participants, other employees or the school to the Supervisor.
- Keep the room neat and orderly.
- Proactive to respond to any issues and concerns
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Prefer CPR Certified.
- Prefer previous experience teaching or working with elementary school-aged children.
- Possess basic knowledge and understanding of school-aged children.
- Possess the ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to follow written and oral directions.
- Must be honest, in good health, have a neat appearance, and a courteous manner.
- Work Hours and Compensation: The position of After Care Assistant is a part-time position. Hours are 3P-6P Monday-Friday.
- Background check is required.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15 (willing to negotiate based on experience)
St. James Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its hiring, educational and admissions, financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.