St. James Academy is seeking a part-time Business Office Associate for the Academy & Church. This position will report directly to the Business Manager.
- Payroll – Compile data needed for monthly payroll & assist with payroll
- Accounts Payable – Process all invoices and check requests in a timely manner
- Accounts Receivable/cash receipts- record and post payments to student & general ledger accounts
- Prepare bank deposits
- Assist with monthly bank and general ledger account reconciliations
- Assist with month and year end closing including journal entries
- Annual budget preparation assistance
- Assist with year-end financial audit
- Assist with re-enrollment and financial aid process
- Assist with employee benefit enrollment and Human Resources responsibilities
- Light filing & other duties as assigned
- During the school year, 3 days a week; during the summer, at least one day a week or as needed
- The position interacts daily with a wide range of internal and external individuals including students, parents/guardians, faculty, vendors
- Reconcile the Church’s Pledge Receivables sub-ledger with the general ledger
- Demonstrate exceptional time management, communication and analytic skills; ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Other duties as assigned
Four year college degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance and 3-5 years of experience in a similar setting or Associates degree with 7-10 years of experience. Candidate should have knowledge of Quickbooks or other accounting software, be proficient in Excel, and have good written & verbal communication skills. Must be a team player and self-motivated.
This position requires a high degree of accuracy, accountability, and confidentiality.
How to Apply / ContactInterested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and a list of 3 references to Becky Forsythe at firstname.lastname@example.org.