Kindergarten – Fifth Grade
Experience Their World
As your child begins their educational journey in our Lower School, they’re joining a nurturing and fun school community that will help them grow into a confident lifelong learner.
Lower School Program Highlights
Our smaller class sizes allow students to take on experiential lessons that challenge them to solve open-ended and real-world challenges.
Lower School students drive their own educational journey with guidance from their teachers as they take risks and pursue their passions.
Essential Success Skills
By the time your child completes 5th Grade, they will be prepared with the knowledge, social skills, and values they need to thrive in Middle School.
Everything we do in the Lower School is designed to set your child up for success as they prepare for Middle School and beyond.
What to Expect
- Caring teachers who cultivate personal relationships with each child so they can academically extend or support their learning
- Opportunities to make connections across grade levels as students join our kind and welcoming school community with access to our expansive 89-acre campus
- Targeted instruction in language and math to ensure students master key skills they will need to thrive
- Open-ended experiential learning in science and social studies that teaches students to explore, share their thoughts, work in teams, and build their critical thinking skills
- Students are empowered to choose activities throughout the learning day that fire up their imaginations with enrichment classes that include Music, Art, PE, World Language, Library, and more
- Technology is a part of Lower School students’ everyday experience with 1-1 laptops for students in Grades 3-5 and iPads for younger students
- An educational journey that builds each year, allowing students to experience fun and challenging classwork, Special lessons, Student Council, educational visits, and after-school activities on the stage or sports fields
- Full Day enrollment and Aftercare options available
Lower School Monthly Flexible Tuition Ranges
|Full Day (8:30 – 3:00)
|Aftercare (3:00 – 6:00)
*based on 12 months
Learn more about how our tuition programs work.
Discover A Place To Grow
Students engage in outdoor learning where they investigate the world around them.
At SJA, every child has the space to actively participate in their education in a joyful and fun environment.
Our professionally trained staff partners with parents to ensure every child feels secure and cherished at school.
Start The Admission Process
We are currently accepting applications for new students in select grade levels. To learn more about the opportunities St. James Academy has for your child, get started below.
St. James Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, or ethnic origin in the administration of education policies, admission policies, scholarship and flexible tuition programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.